2019 Official Charity Applications are NOW OPEN
The Adelaide 500 Charity Program began in 1999 in conjunction with the inaugural event. Over the past 19 years the Adelaide 500 has provided a platform for charities to raise funds and gain greater exposure and understanding of their charity amongst thousands of people. The event is a division of the South Australian Tourism Commission stages the Adelaide 500 and proudly appoints one Official Charity per event.
Applications for Expression of Interest (EOI) are now open for charities wishing to be appointed as the 2019 Clipsal 500 Adelaide Official Charity.
If you are thinking about applying to be the Official Charity for the 2019 event please consider the following:
- Does you charity have experience in events?
- Do you have a volunteer base large enough to effectively service the Clipsal 500 Adelaide which covers 97 hectares and in 2017 saw 244,350 people attend over four days?
- Do you have the ability to promote your association with the event through various channels?
- What could your charity bring to the Adelaide 500 that will enhance the event?
If your charity was appointed as the Official Charity 10 or more years ago, you may now apply to be considered to become the Official Charity of the event again.
If you are selected as the 2019 Official Charity you will receive the following benefits:
- 3 x 3 m marquee display site
- Recognition in the events Official Program
- Opportunity to supply ads for the on track 500FMTV network
- Tickets and prizes (including Course Car laps, signed merchandise etc) valued at over $3,000 to auction, with all proceeds going to your charity
- Recognition on the Adelaide 500 website and social media pages
- Use of the Adelaide 500 logo on the charities promotional material
- Assistance to approach a Supercars driver to become an ambassador for your Charity
- Opportunity to run fundraising initiatives at and in conjunction with the event to raise funds with their association with the event. Past charities have raised between $20k to $100k!
HOW TO APPLY
We invite you to send us a 2 page expression of interest addressed to: Lucy Davis, Marketing Assistant, GPO Box 1972, Adelaide, SA 5001.
Please address the following criteria in your expression of interest:
- Overview of your charity including key purpose, objectives, goals.
- Size of your volunteer base Brief summary of proposed activities or initiatives you would like to undertake at the event if your charity is successful
- Overview of marketing channels you have at your disposal to promote the association between your charity and the Adelaide 500.
- Organisational chart outlining who will manage and assist with the operations of running Official Charity projects at the event
- Examples of other business / event partnerships similar to the Adelaide 500 opportunity
- Highlight if you have been the Adelaide 500 Official Charity previously and if so which event year
- Please enclose a copy of your latest Annual Report or newsletter
Expressions of interest close Friday 1 December 2017.
Shortlisted charities will be contacted in early 2018 and will be appointed prior to the 2018 event.
If you require any further information please contact Lucy Davis, Marketing Assistant on: Phone: 08 8212 8500 or Email: LDavis@clipsal500.com.au